This lovely small park is named for Elizabeth Trice Walton, a prominent and generous member of the Mineral community. Mrs. Walton was born about 1905, and was married to Senator Walton, a member of the Virginia General Assembly. She raised four children and though much of her early life was spent in Richmond, she developed a deep love and concern for Louisa County and the Town of Mineral where she raised her family.
Mrs. Walton was instrumental in improving the civic life of the Town of Mineral. She gave the land for the park that bears her name to the town in 1954. Walton Park is owned by the Mineral Fire Department.