This lovely small park is named for Elizabeth Trice Walton, a prominent and generous member of the Mineral community. Mrs. Walton was born about 1905, and was married to Senator Walton, a member of the Virginia General Assembly. In 2019 the Town Council voted to donate Walton Park to the Mineral Volunteer Fire Department. Walton Park is now owned by the fire department.
Mrs. Walton was instrumental in improving the civic life of the Town of Mineral. She gave the land for the park that bears her name to the town in 1954. Walton Park is owned by the Mineral Fire Department.
Get in touch with us
Interested in renting Walton Park? Contact waltonpark [at] mineralcompany2.com to reserve the Park.